1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

NEED HELP! We Want *YOU* as a Community Manager!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Think Tank, Apr 12, 2017.

1. The Think Tank

The Think Tank Active Member Researcher

Best Answers:
    Fellow Agents!

Today the time has come to look for a Community Manager for OpenApoc project!

Help make JonnyH's dreams of reviving the "favorite '90s game dos remake on the citadel...outside openxcom" by applying to become a Community Manager today!

Interested? Well, our Lord and Savior JonnyH is looking for someone to better manage the community and keep them both updated and informed, but there is a basic list of desirable traits that we would prefer that you meet.

Necessary Traits (in order of importance):
    1. Reliability
    (long-term commitment)
    2. Time availability
    (able to make consistent updates)
    3. Well-spoken
    (English)

Desirable Traits:
    Technical Skills
    (able to talk the nitty-gritty in both blog posts and effectively communicate with the team)

Roles of a Community Manager:
    - Blog updating (***PRIORITY***)
    - Team communication

Now I can hear you all saying "But Mr. Think, how do I apply to become a Community Manager?"
    Well, I am glad you asked...

Step 1
    The 1st Step would be to state an interest in applying to the role here on this thread, something like saying "count me in" would suffice, but make sure to be very clear, a simple "okay" isn't very clear.

Step 2
    The 2nd Step would be to PM me a letter of application, this letter is simply an answer to the following prompt of "Why are you the best candidate to be a Community Manager? What unique traits do you bring to the table?" There is no minimum or maximum that you can write but at the very least it is suggested that you write about 300 words or more to communicate effectively your commitment to this role, also, please cite evidence or examples to substantiate your claims, saying that you are a good public speaker is nice, but it is worth little unless you provide an example of this in effect.

Step 3
    The 3rd Step is simply playing the waiting game, your application will be reviewed and the best candidate (or candidates, if the need becomes so) will be selected, then to undergo analysis by JonnyH (this process is done by myself, with no need of involvement on your side).

And that is all! Best of luck to you and may the best candidate win!

- Think Tank

Mustang and makus like this.
  2. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    The context behind this is I clearly don't have the time to keep communication flowing about current development. Great stuff is happening, cool progress is being made, it's just I suck at letting people know. Hopefully someone can help us not suck quite so much there.

3. Mustang

Mustang Megapol Agent Tester Researcher

Best Answers:
    I can into English and such but unfortunately my dayjob demands too much of my time and may occasionally ship me away for days at a time. Here's hoping for a good candidate to come forward!