1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Low Priority Vehicles appear in Repair Bay during Base Defence

Discussion in 'Data' started by FilmBoy84, Nov 8, 2017.

1. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Well-Known Member Tester Researcher
    18/28

Best Answers:
    One of the features of vanilla Apocalypse that is rare and incomplete (as not all vehicles were modelled by release) is the appearance of vehicles that are being repaired being IN the base defence missions, as per the Annihilator here which does at least appear in vanilla play:

f_xcoma1.jpg

This functionality should be returned to OpenApoc as it is already working in vanilla for some craft, and, if at all possible, mods should be permitted to add-in the missing craft.

Also missing from vanilla, X-COM vehicles in combat missions and UFO assualts/investigations.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Yataka Shimaoka and makus like this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist
    64/112

Best Answers:
    yes also notice that pictures with vehicles in hangars
    if files of vehicles remain in files of game otherwise its need to be drawn etc
    so its then should be in mods

FilmBoy84 likes this.
  3. Yataka Shimaoka

Yataka Shimaoka Active Member Tester Translator/Writer
    18/28

Best Answers:
    Hm, I remember that one time when my annihilator was damaged, and then I have a base def from MarSec, I remember goons throwing bombs and shooting my annihilator inside the bay, in short, I support this

makus and FilmBoy84 like this.
  4. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Well-Known Member Tester Researcher
    18/28

Best Answers:
    Some fooling around reveals that Hover Cars and Annihilators appear to be the only vehicles that appear in the bay in Vanilla without tinkering.

Interestingly, if you hack a save to give X-Com cargo transports, Taxis, Emergency vehicles, etc. These also appear in the vehicle bay too
    This is because those vehicles appear in other maps i guess.

Either way, a great vanilla thing, that whilst incomplete, does at least exist within vanilla games for select vehicles.

Also, setting off the ammunition of a vehicle in the repair bay also appears to be possible as it is on other maps (though it is unclear why X-COM would be working on vehicles with ammunition loaded; maybe they have to be permanently at combat readiness? More likely, it's just an oversight given the incomplete nature of this function in vanilla)

But as stated in my OP, this function, whilst incomplete, IS in vanilla so should be restored to OpenApoc when someone feels like they want to pick it up, if not, no worries. I made this thread to track another vanilla function that hasn't been covered yet :)

makus likes this.
  5. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist
    64/112

Best Answers:
    don't remember that i saw in other building hangars especially which vehicles in it ... just saying =]