1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

The money bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rubaduck, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Rubaduck

Rubaduck Registered

Best Answers:
    Hello, new to this forum and just found out there was a OpenApoc project (makes me happy).

This might have already been addressed, but I did not find any post about it. I assume everyone knows about it now, but for those that don't know: in the vanilla game if you choose an item for the workshop to assemble and hold the mouse above the area you click to access the available productions and repeatedly press the enter button you will get the money it costs to produce the item over and over again instead of spending it.

I really hope this bug will be fixed, as it is a cheat that makes the game even easier to beat (Superhuman difficulty is just like novice with this bug).

2. Treonin

Treonin Registered

Best Answers:
    Hello Rubaduck!

The project does not use anything from the original except resources (Images, textures). The engine is being built from start and with care, therefore any bug found in the original will not be in OpenApoc.

3. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    ...and there will be a host of completely new, exciting bugs for you to enjoy! :p

4. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    The plan is to follow the 'original' behaviour as closely as possibly, but stuff like this is obviously a bug and not just 'weird but valid', so I hope not to reproduce such 'bugs' in our re-implementation.

We don't share _any_ code with the original, it's all written from scratch based on the observed behaviour, so unless we happen to implement stuff in a very similar way I don't expect to have many of the same bugs. But as Solarius said, expect different bugs instead :p (But hopefully it being open source helps us fix anything we do find going forward...)