1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Low Priority Task: Experience

Discussion in 'Data' started by Istrebitel, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Istrebitel

Istrebitel Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    In order to implement unit stat improvement properly, we need to know whether experience for battlefield actions works in the same way as in X-Com 1/2 or differently. Or maybe the way experience works in X-Com 3 is already studied somewhere?

Clarification: I'm only interested in battlescape experience. Gym is already detailed in Wong guide.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    makus likes this.
  2. Lord Darius

Lord Darius Member Researcher

Best Answers:
    Atleast what i've experienced (pun), they receive points by hitting targets, and killing it. Not like old X-COM, when you shoot, they receive some XP points.

makus likes this.
  3. Istrebitel

Best Answers:
    X-Com 1 actually gave points for hitting targets (successes), not for just firing and missing. In any case, we need detailed tests to confirm how it works in X-Com 3.

4. Mustang

Mustang Megapol Agent Tester Researcher

Best Answers:
    Just a note for anyone who may want to test it, there are two distinct ways to train in Apocalypse: the field, and the gym. The gym training is unique to Apocalypse, and I don't know any of the specifics of it. Training on the field is similar to the previous two, and is easy to see if you compare the accuracy of a rookie with a machine gun on full auto vs a rookie with a sniper after 3 missions.
    We'll have to analyze what specifically the gyms train on idle soldiers, and if field training is impacted by gym training at all

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  5. Istrebitel

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I was talking about field training. Gym training is already detailed in Wong guide. I will update the topic.