1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)

Normal Priority Task: Enzyme

Discussion in 'Data' started by Istrebitel, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Istrebitel

Istrebitel Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    1/28

Best Answers:
    In order to implement enzyme effect properly, we need to study what does it actually do. Right now, we need answers to following questions:
    - How long does enzyme continue to work after hit? Is it constant or not?
    - How does random movement of target hit with enzyme work (running like headless chickens)? Does it work in TB?
    - How exactly is equipment damaged (approximate solution is ok)? How does it differ in TB?
    - How long does smoke spawned by enzyme linger and does it hinder sight?

Save editing may be useful in order to check hidden values on non-armor equipment (or just use armor to test as that shows partial damage to it in the ui).

makus likes this.
  2. Lord Darius

Lord Darius Member Researcher
    26/28

Best Answers:
    In TB and in RT, the enzyme will hit with almost 100% efficiency.
    If it doesn't eats all distruptor shield off you, will one hit all your armor, in real time, like 3-4 seconds. Start eating out grenades and etc in 5.
    (Pretty fast enzymes)
    In TB, it will find you, and hit your agent, almost tearing apart every stuff in inventory in 2 rounds. (However its stupid, cause time is stopped, Einstein and stuff) You should have time to load out everything, before it goes off, like dropping on the ground, but that is also stupid, if it doesn't hit you.
    It wont melt brainsucker launcher, i've tried that out :D

makus likes this.
  3. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers:
    Thank you, but we need more precise info. Brainsucker makes sense, I assume pods are immune too. Entropy launcher should also be immune, could you check it? My idea is that game considers those "biological" items.

For everything else, we need more precise info. I guess that we can just assume 1 turn = 4 seconds, so testing just in RT is fine. We need exact numbers - does it destroy X items per second? Does it deal X damage per second? How is damage spread amongst items? I assume it does several hits per second to a random item. Using armor here could be useful here since it will display how much damage was dealt.

Lord Darius likes this.
  4. Lord Darius

Lord Darius Member Researcher
    26/28

Best Answers:
    I will have some family time now, and drinking with friends, so will be off for several days, but will try this out:
    Will work on this, and see what i've got.

5. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

6. Tagasaki

Tagasaki Registered
    1/28

Best Answers:
    Do note that in RT, when an enzyme hits an agent, and less than a ms later pausing it, you can unequip armour and everything to save it from being destroyed but that particular agent will be smoking for a few seconds. Pretty much can ignore this if already knew about it.

7. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers:
    Yeah, we can, and most players do, but we still should implement it properly for cases when player doesn't.