1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)

Complete Task: Alien life cycle and alerts

Discussion in 'Data' started by Istrebitel, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Istrebitel

Istrebitel Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    26/28

Best Answers:
    Maybe this is described in the guide somewhere, I think it's worth looking around first before having to dig this manually. Anyways, here's what we need to know:
    - We know 100% what aliens are deposited into building when ufo beams them successfully.
    - We also assume that retreated aliens move to adjacent buildings, and left alive aliens remain in building (or move to adjacent if it was a UFO), but it would be nice to confirm and find out how adjacent buildings are selected (random? closest? otherwise?)
    - How does alien cycle progresses? How much time must pass before multiworm turns to hyperworm etc.
    - How do aliens decide to move into adjacent buildings?
    - How are aliens converted to inflitration points? I remember reading somewhere that if certain alien type lives long enough - it dies and infiltration raises.
    - How are alerts generated? I remeber reading somewhere that relationship with org affects it. How long does it take to alert? It seems to always alert too late, after aliens had chance to spread to other buildings
    - How are aliens generated in raids vs orgs that are infiltrated?

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    makus likes this.
  2. darkestaxe

darkestaxe Registered
    26/28

Best Answers:
    [/QUOTE]
    This is from memory, it's been a long time. I never allowed the aliens to advance very far so later stages may alter the rules and I wouldn't know.

I don't think retreated aliens spread or return. Aliens send a team/seed from an infected building to an accessible neighbor. The seed team takes several hours (possibly more?) to reach it's destination. Upon arrival the seeded building becomes infected. Multiple teams can be en-route to the same building. Teams can be sent to already targeted and seeded buildings. Seeded buildings take another day or so before they can send their own teams and generate alerts.

Teams are sent randomly (on the hour I think) and a different seed will result in different destinations or none at all. A building will send teams 0-6 times a day or so, usually 1 or 2. I don't know if they can send more then 1 team in the same hour. I believe the aliens are walking along the roads, and the time it takes is increased by road distance, 3-4 hours for a short walk and 7-8 hours for a distant walk. Maybe longer then 8 hours?

Most buildings in the city proper are only accessible to a few close neighbors, usually connected by road. Buildings generally aren't connected by simply being adjacent. Building connections are probably a part of Cityscape generation. Some buildings seem to follow different rules, like megapol stations and the spaceport. Maybe megapol stations might get infected by raiding infected buildings? Aliens usually can't spread from slums. I never saw them seed over the city wall, possibly because they can't seed to or from slums.

I don't know that most aliens ever will evolve into later forms. Later stage aliens will end up being dropped by later UFOs regardless, at least up to micronoids. Later alien tech will also make it into the city even if you destroy all UFOs before they leave their dimension.

makus likes this.
  3. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers:
    Thank you.
    skin36 figured out how alien life form cycle works and how infiltration points are awarded. For the rest, skin36 will study algorithm of aliens moving to adjacent buildings and alerts. We still need to figure out how aliens are generated in the infiltrated orgs's buildings.

makus likes this.
  4. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers:
    Skin36 solved this, many thanks!

5. Istrebitel

28/56

Best Answers: