1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Suggestion Suggestions and Opinions to improve Xcom Apoc

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by Grimagor, Dec 2, 2014.

1. The Think Tank

The Think Tank Active Member Researcher

Best Answers:
    I am running a W7 machine and I have no troubles with the program, maybe it is a issue with your system? I could probably help a lot more if you displayed the issue you are experiencing, otherwise it would be a shame if you couldn't get it to work.

2. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    IIRC the weapon stats etc. are actually embedded in the .exe, which means you have to have *exactly* the same version of the .exe that apoc'd was designed to use, otherwise it's stored offsets etc. will be wrong and change the wrong thing, which would likely cause it to explode.

I know for a fact that some countries shipped a different version of the apoc binary (with different languages), and that caused *everything* in the .exe to be in different places due to the knock-on effect of small changes at the beginning...

3. The Think Tank

The Think Tank Active Member Researcher

Best Answers:
    That makes sense, I would suggest getting a DOS copy of the game of the internet and using DOSbox to run the game, I have done that and it works perfectly for me. I even took some parts from my Steam copy of the game to activate the music in the game again, making my Apocalypse copy a frankenstein of sorts :eek: