1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Stun grapples vs. shields.

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by bobucles, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    I think that'd only encourage raid grinding. I'm a few weeks in, and I can't afford a third Valkyrie, or a second Hawk. Despite selling researched alien artefacts - I don't sell unresearched ones. And I don't raid Sirius, it's way too costly.

When I complete the devastator, I'll likely much better-off, but for now? I can't afford lowering my funds.

2. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    Nope. I didn't do any of that either. I regularly make it to week 7 or so before my inventory gets so bloated that I just gotta sell the loot for a million credits or so*. The excess artifact money really isn't needed, nor is the raiding money needed either. Not even on superhuman mode. The Senate definitely gives XCOM enough money to get by, even if it's not enough to do everything at once. In my experience the funding feels super tight until about week 4'ish because bases and facilities are very important and expensive.

* I think the highest I got was $5mil from an endgame selling spree. Those Teleporters are crazy money. That's many times more money than XCOM needs for the entire game.
    Well there's your problem! Valkyries and Hawks are not priced anywhere remotely close to being effective attack craft. You need swarm vehicles or ground vehicles, plain and simple. I keep one Valkyrie, trade it in for the Hawk on week 2 or 3, and sell it the instant I get a Bio Trans. Anything more may look cool, but is in reality a complete waste of money.

It's very important to know how the XCOM pieces fit together so that good balance choices can be made. Using a large number of Valkyries and Air Hawks shows a grave misunderstanding of how to run an efficient fleet in Apoc.

Edit: Aha! I found an old superhuman save game of mine at week 6.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nc7qwr3cqmyw2z/WEEK%206.rar?dl=0
    At the time I had sold brainsucker launchers, disruptor guns and boomeroids. I don't remember my raids but I don't like them too much so probably not many. It's impossible to recall how much those sales were worth but maybe 200-300K? I do like to sit on them until last minute to maximize sales.

3. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    I moved the latest posts on cityscape vehicles and weapons to the appropriate topic. Let's stick to that one from now on, okay? (This applies to myself too.)

4. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    We can made a list of all the weapons (agents/aliens weapons) and see what's wrong (if they are wrong) with them and think how we can "improve" their "lifetime".
    In apoc you have a lot of awesome weapons but, they became obsolete by toxiguns and aliens weapons, maybe we can fin a way to avoid gestalt weapon (like devastator cannon/toxigun, an agent with both can face every enemy of the game without any problem)