1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)

Task complete Steam version of Xcom Apocalypse problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yataka Shimaoka, Jul 6, 2017.

1. oto lohnicky

oto lohnicky Registered
    31/56

Best Answers:
    Hi, so I have the english version now prepared. It was a pretty tricky work, and I have accidentaly destroyed my nice save game... :( So I need to find a courage to start again a new game... Okay: The package is 800 MB zip file.
    Then create an empty directory in your C drive and name it XCOM3 so you will have an empty C:\XCOM3
    Then unzip the package to this directory
    Then just play the game - start the game with link in the C:\XCOM3 called X-ComApocalypse

It should work with the music. Please let me know how it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Yataka Shimaoka

Yataka Shimaoka Active Member Tester
    3/28

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks! One thing though, I think my problem is really my copy of xcom3, because your zip is like 800mb, while mine is just around 400mb. When I opened your file, I saw a music folder in it while mine don't have it, even though I went to minimal install and changed the drives in my PC, but again it is strange that my phone manages to run my copy properly with music.

3. Yataka Shimaoka

3/28

Best Answers:
    Oh and sorry about your saves.

4. oto lohnicky

oto lohnicky Registered
    3/28

Best Answers:
    And that's exactly why it is 800MB. There is a directory called CD. Inside is the original game CD .iso file. Your package 400 MB is OK and almost the same one as mine. The difference is my subdirectory CD\x where the whole CD is "unzipped". This is making the difference. Your package is OK. I have unzipped the .iso just in case I will need to do some more workaround in the game. Which is right now not neccessary. And about the save game: No worries, I will start a new Game... :)
    Anyway - let me know your result, if this package is working for you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. Yataka Shimaoka

3/28

Best Answers:
    Okay, tried your file and it works! thanks! but my phone can't make it work but its fine now. I noticed something from your file that i dont have, your tacp and ufo2p both has 2 exe in it while i don't,is this from the riginal game disc or from steam?

6. oto lohnicky

oto lohnicky Registered
    3/28

Best Answers:
    Hi. First of all I am very happy that I helped... ;) . The files you are asking are from the original CD. And now, as the game works for you, we have a small workaround. To make your game work more smoothly, specially during the missions. Go to C:\XCOM3\DOSBOX\ and open a file named dosbox.conf. Best will be to open it with notepad++ , but if you don't have notepad++ then open it with the standard notepad. Find there this: cycles=15000 and change it to cycles=max (just change 15000 to max). After this change the game will work more smoothly for you. I recommend you to do this as this really will help you to enjoy the game with less amount of graphics lags.... :)

Yataka Shimaoka likes this.
  7. Yataka Shimaoka

3/28

Best Answers:
    Hey, I found out what I am doing WRONG. I went installed the game without reading at the installation screen that the particular drive must be mounted AT Dosbox before launching the game. Your copy works fine yes, but I tinkered around my file and f*cling finally, I make it work. Thanks for the help anyways, I wouldn't find out how to do this the right way without you. Thanks man/girl(dunno your gender:))

8. Kammerer

Kammerer Administrator Administrator Translator/Writer
    31/56

Best Answers:
    I removed the link to the game from the post above. Such links may cause problems with copyright laws. Try not to post them in public, please.

9. oto lohnicky

oto lohnicky Registered
    3/28

Best Answers:
    Yatak, I am a man... :) . I am happy to help you. Regarding the link and the copyright - yes, I know and I am sorry for that.

10. Yataka Shimaoka

3/28

Best Answers:
    Well its not only oto's fault, it was me too since I persuaded him to post the file. And not only that, I also destroyed his saves.