1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Mod (Released) Should the Extended Weapons Mod also allow the Aliens to use Human Tech?

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by FilmBoy84, Sep 11, 2019.

?

Should the Extended Weapons Mod also allow the Humanoid Aliens to use Human Tech?

This poll will close on Dec 11, 2019 at 11:19.
  1. Yes, the aliens should be able to use human technology!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No! The aliens should only use their own weapons and technology.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Administrator Administrator Tester Researcher

Best Answers:
    Now i know how to specify what equipment the humanoid aliens, such as the Anthropod and Skeletoid, use in their equipment load-outs at each tech level or score. Should i also allow them to use Human weapons against X-COM and organisations in addition to their regular weapons?

This would make a massive difference to gameplay, but also change the lore a little in the sense that the aliens as the game progresses would start to abandon their own tech to use human tech that may be more effective at killing agents.

The aliens will also be getting new, lore-friendly, equipment for these units too; such as Entropy (Special) ammunition for the Dimension Missile Launcher, in the hope that the EWM will assist in making the late game more varied and dangerous for X-COM.

I'll run this poll for the next three months before we have a final community decision.

makus likes this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    its no point poll) aliens should use human tech and no if only humans use some kind of id detect for use)
    its great idea
    but they should use it from death humans or get it by cult)

3. FilmBoy84

Best Answers:
    I would not say it is a no point poll

Giving aliens all the human EWM weapons would mark a massive shift in the way things are done in the game

You would see less aliens with alien weapons if (when we get the learning AI sorted for OpenApoc) they learned that some human weapons are better at killing agents than their own tech

Also, it's a HUGE amount of coding work to add the EWM weapons to the aliens for each difficulty and score level. I can do it, but there's no point in me doing it if the community doesn't want me to - I could use that time for other things

makus likes this.
  4. makus

Best Answers:
    And also will be great if be added shield twicks :treason:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 11, 2019 ---
    well as i say give them only ability to use and not bring human weapons from alien dimention)

5. FilmBoy84

Best Answers:
    Yep, shield tweaks are inbound, no less than THREE new shield types will come in future versions and for the aliens only. Longer term these will have UFOPaedia articles explaining that in reaction to X-COM reverse engineering or utilising Alien Technology the aliens have begun to merge machine and biology in creating their shields in an attempt to render them useless when worn by humans

The EWM was always going to expand the alien arsenal, this poll is only about whether the aliens should also use human tech

makus likes this.
  6. makus

Best Answers:
    but if human weapons will at some point be more powerful then aliens then i gues yes they can import weapons by cult sirius to aliens

7. Proselyte_Ethan

Proselyte_Ethan Registered

Best Answers:
    Well all the weapons in the mod are available early on, there aren't any xcom made weapons that surpass alien weapons in strength besides the toxigun and that would be useless against humans.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 11, 2019 ---
    Though selling Toxiguns to megapol so they can defend themselves wouldn't be such a bad idea.

8. FilmBoy84

Best Answers:
    The weapons in the mod will not always be available from Week 1
    Now JonnyH has made a cheat command for advancing the week, as soon as the marketplace bug is fixed i can start moving them to other weeks :)