1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Mod (Released) Should the Extended Weapons Mod also allow the Aliens to use Human Tech?

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by FilmBoy84, Sep 11, 2019.

?

Should the Extended Weapons Mod also allow the Humanoid Aliens to use Human Tech?

This poll will close on Dec 11, 2019 at 11:19.
  1. Yes, the aliens should be able to use human technology!

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No! The aliens should only use their own weapons and technology.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Administrator Administrator Tester Researcher

Best Answers:
    Now i know how to specify what equipment the humanoid aliens, such as the Anthropod and Skeletoid, use in their equipment load-outs at each tech level or score. Should i also allow them to use Human weapons against X-COM and organisations in addition to their regular weapons?

This would make a massive difference to gameplay, but also change the lore a little in the sense that the aliens as the game progresses would start to abandon their own tech to use human tech that may be more effective at killing agents.

The aliens will also be getting new, lore-friendly, equipment for these units too; such as Entropy (Special) ammunition for the Dimension Missile Launcher, in the hope that the EWM will assist in making the late game more varied and dangerous for X-COM.

I'll run this poll for the next three months before we have a final community decision.

makus likes this.
  2. Patrick Sweetman

Patrick Sweetman Member Tester

Best Answers:
    No reason why some of the humanoid aliens couldn't use human-made weapons, but there should be a lore-friendly way for them to be obtained, maybe after infiltrating one of the supply organisations, or from the Cult.

makus likes this.