1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)

Saying hi, and questions about coding and modding.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Chilledfish, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Chilledfish

Chilledfish Registered
    3/28

Best Answers:
    Hi, I found out about this project by chance, and due to my love of X-COM, I want to help if I can.
    I know very little about coding, but I do enjoy it, and I have a lot of spare time. So, if by chance there is a need (and if the project is still alive), I'd be glad to help, if you'd point me in the right direction.
    the
    My second question is regarding the original X-COM: Apocalypse. There are very few mods, and I was wondering how feasible it is to do balance changes in same vein as Karadoc's mod?

Thanks, Chilledfish.

makus likes this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist
    41/56

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. AceSpade

AceSpade Member Programmer Tester Designer/Artist
    3/28

Best Answers:
    Hello I've been studying c++ and would love an actual live environment to further my skills which are at the beginner/amateur lvl if possible. This is my favorite game of all time and I commend you all for taking this on I know it must be a painstaking process. Anyhow I wasn't sure If I should post here about it or at the link you provided. I've also am actually more experienced with graphic work and have a knack for it. Ive also delved around some with hex editing but not disassembling. Anything I can do to help you guys out I'm game for. I have a ton of spare time as I'm currently disabled with the aim of getting better and doing programming for a career. Anyhow, how can I get the game to run by using the files posted on github? Finding this page made me want to play again so installed the steam version lol but I actually still have the disc! Thanks again

makus likes this.
  4. AceSpade

3/28

Best Answers:
    About getting the game to run I've searched the forums for info. I've downloaded github for windows and cloned openapoc and I've also downloaded vs 2015 so tomorrow ill see if I have any luck! Also noteworthy to mention is ive edited a lot of script files for older games over the years and created mods as well as graphical game assets using photoshop/gimp/mspaint/wings3d/blender/unreal editor.

5. makus

41/56

Best Answers:
    Hey AceSpade =]
    thats great!

AceSpade likes this.
  6. AceSpade

3/28

Best Answers:
    I always thought that a finished apoc(it's original goals not what ended up hitting the shelf) would be the coolest thingv ever. After manyg hours of playing it i came to realize it was meant to have more to it. Curious if this is also an aim here? I remember reading each organization was going to have a leader that could be tracked, captured, spied on, interrogated or assassinated, along with the aliens slowly expanding during the game and multiple dimensions. That's the gist but there was more.

makus likes this.
  7. makus

41/56

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, it's exciting! But the described features will require a lot of effort from mod makers. At the moment, we need to complete the transfer of the game, as it is, to a new engine and implement support for mods.

8. makus

41/56

Best Answers:
  9. AceSpade

3/28

Best Answers:
    Ok sounds Good! I checked those tasks and ill try my best to get some answers. Let me know if I can help elsewhere.