1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

random map generator + another few ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by someaddendum, Aug 7, 2015.

1. someaddendum

someaddendum Registered

Best Answers:
    One of the greatest drawbacks of xcom-apoc. was the ever repeating UFO mission-maps. Please, integrate a map generator in your upcoming game, it doesn't have to be perfect, but still, it will be a great help, makes diversity and a unique map each and every mission.

BTW another thing. I still prefer xcom-apoc graphics over -for example- xcom enemy within / long war graphics. Those new games suck! Like:

Only six soldiers at a time? Per mission? Apocalypse was far more better, allowing - as i recall - 24 squad members to attack at once?

What i am trying to say is, the graphics are irrelevant. They were fine as they were in the original apocalypse.

And BTW2. The new xcom EW/LW graphics, with trying to be soo interactive, moving the camera all around.. it's irrelevant. Apocalypse had given far more better gaming experience, even with the 3D isometric fixed above camera.

Furthermore:
    Being able to prone - and actually crawl, was friggin' "A" of that game! And using the "interactive time" (not the turn based) made that game unique. Please make one button to STOP time, another to START! Do not make them the same.

And i liked the civilians roaming around, and the destructible environment. Please, don't leave these out.

Thanks for reading these.

2. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    First of all, Openapoc is meant to be a faithful recreation of the original game. Whatever was there, will be here too. The idea is to make a product that looks and plays completely the same, maybe with some bug fixes and of course support for modern systems. Oh, and mods support.

However, once it's done, all sorts of changes are possible if people are willing to code them. Random maps are a popular idea, so we'll see.