1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Previous Open Source Apoc

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Jos, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Jos

Jos Registered
    54/56

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you guys know about this, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway:

http://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=287.0

It's Hallor & Supsuper's & Sethis work on a previous (now defunct?) Apoc re-build. I wonder if you can contact them and make use of it?

Also, Bomb Bloke from strategy core has pretty extensive knowledge of Apoc's inner workings.... relatively speaking, anyway.

2. kkmic

kkmic Undefined
    44/56

Best Answers:
    AFAIK, SupSuper was not involved in that project (he just posted an early build screenshot).

OTOH, having Bomb Bloke along in this project (even part time :p ) would be wonderful indeed.

3. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    64/112

Best Answers:
    I already spotted that, and had a quick scan through.

It looks like there isn't much code we can 'borrow' - most of the implemented stuff we already have our own versions of. Also, the lack of license worries me (Though I need to talk to pmprog about being more 'formal' with that ourselves.

If the devs are still around, they might be handy to... *persuade*.. to join us, though :)

4. Jos

Jos Registered
    0/28

Best Answers:
    Ha! yeah, and if so hopefully they could bring the source code with them!

From what i've read, it was basicly programmed by Julian Gollops brother (with other programmers help)
    I read that implementing real-time AND turn-based gave them the most headaches and difficulties. I wonder if we should consider implementing only one at first?

5. pmprog

pmprog Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    54/56

Best Answers:
    https://github.com/pmprog/OpenApoc/blob/master/LICENSE

Should really update it to include you're name too. If you have a preference for a different license, then let me know.

And I'm really sorry for my lack of presence... I'm logged into IRC, and will try and leave it running all day, and hopefully keep popping up and checking for when you come online and what-not