1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Original plans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bomtaker01, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01 Registered

Best Answers:
    Ok so i stumbled across this project a few minutes ago and first off i gotta say THANK YOU!!! but i have to ask. With the original game having so many features that were missing, will you be trying to implement some of the ones that were left out? or will you be re-creating the game in the state it was released? Bugs excluded i'm sure ;)

2. Treonin

Treonin Registered

Best Answers:
    Hello!

The highest priority plan is to recreate the game in the state it was released.

After that the project is open source and also it will be made to be moddable so I am pretty sure there will be people going for implementing more features or the old missing ones (who may even be the almighty creators of this project ).

3. Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01 Registered

Best Answers:
    It is open source so i suspected there would be the support for modding(one of the reasons OpenTTD is so popular ;)), but i was just curious as to whether or not there were plans to have those features in the "vanilla" game or if there were any plans to add it in an update after the project is "finished"?.

4. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm running this as a 'I'm a coder, not a games designer' - so I don't intent to modify the gameplay at all from the 'released' version. But I intend to make it quite a bit easier to change said gameplay (IE add mods etc :)

Who knows after we get to a '1.0' - all 'released' features complete though :)

5. Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01 Registered

Best Answers:
    Awesome! i wish i was good at coding but its one of my weaker skills :p. Best of luck with the rest of the project though, from what I've seen so far it looks great :D

6. Fat Pokemon

Fat Pokemon Registered

Best Answers:
    It's rather interesting about Apocalypse is that it was heavily cut down from it's original intent:

Quote from Julian Gollop himself:

"The aim was to recreate in some detail the events, organizations and personalities within a futuristic megalopolis. Each corporation had a leader who could be tailed, arrested, interrogated or assassinated. Organizations could buy and sell buildings as their financial fortunes changed. X-Com agents could spy on other organizations to gain valuable information. A sophisticated diplomacy display allowed the player to instigate aggressive or defensive alliances with other organizations. There were multiple alien dimensions, generated pseudo-randomly, and the aliens gradually expanded their empire as the game progressed."

Perhaps in the future it could be possible to restore apocalypse to it's original, intended state.