1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

New update soonish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dakkar, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Dakkar

Dakkar Registered

Best Answers:
    I've noticed lately that the Github page has been buzzing with commits, and was wondering if this means any new content worthy of demonstration is somewhat imminent.

And if not, what has been going on under the wraps aside from understanding the baffling laws of Microprosian physics governing the battlescape?

2. kkmic

kkmic Undefined

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure the "release" schedule follows the "when it's done" mantra.

As for "what's going on", just skim the commits, they are pretty self explanatory. AFAIK, no major milestones have been reached, as the developers are tackling various problems - multiple ones at once I might say - and probably finding new ones with every commit.

3. Dakkar

Dakkar Registered

Best Answers:
    Ah, you're right, I feel foolish.

4. Kammerer

Kammerer Administrator Administrator Translator/Writer

Best Answers:
    In plus, you can try to run the latest build which you can get at the Appveyor and test the current state of game. It's really interesting to see the real progress on your own desktop.

5. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    We do indeed have much to show off since the last video, which was Ages ago...

I've been meaning to do another update video for a while now, but I've been busy at work recently. Plus there always seems to be 'one more feature' on the horizon so I've never carved out the time to do one either, as there'll be more to show off 'soon' (but when that's done, the *next* thing is in the pipeline, so it'll never end...)

Istrebitel has been really charging forth with the Battlescape, it's pretty functional now, and we can actually start implementing stuff like AI and 'real' gameplay. Soon there'll actually be something you can play, even if it's just a 'skirmish' battlescape for now.

6. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    I'm gonna merge so many posts with this thread. :q