1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Music/soundtrack plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Foxen, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Registered

Best Answers:
    Just had a nostalgic Xcom apoc urge, and wondered if there has been an update, came across this. Excited by the prospect, and keen to contribute. But I'm bad with computers, so maybe I can help with the music. I'm in an atmospheric instrumental doom band, and could potentially sort recording some stuff specially for the game, but probably easier and cheaper to mess with existing stuff, and tracks from the next album we are going t be recording probably next year.

Can definitely do some more ambient stuff, drones that build tension and bit of creepiness, that's basically my favourite thing to be doing and fits with the game pretty well.

This is my band, one long track that covers a lot of territory: https://warriorpope.bandcamp.com/

2. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    Kickass music. Nice.
    As for the game, since XcomApoc is meant as a faithful recreation, I imagine it will use standard Apocalypse music anyway, maybe remixed to a higher frequency or something. I am particularly ignorant about sound issues though. :)

3. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Registered

Best Answers:
    Music licencing is a whole new field of IP fun.

Are higher bitrate recordings of the OG msuic available? Did it come with a soundtrack CD special edition that can be tracked down, would be a way to score maybe higher quality music.