1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

More UFO less UFO crash missions

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by Grimagor, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    What Grimagor said. ^_^

2. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    One question: When should appear that kind of "cloaker UFO"? beyond the third week maybe? earlier?

3. Solarius Scorch

Best Answers:
    Certainly not earlier if you ask me, more like fifth week. Of course, it also depends on other features that might be modded in to change balance.

4. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    How about letting the cloaker UFO show up when cloaked UFOs normally show up? ;) It's pretty late in the game I'll admit so pushing it a bit earlier would help.

5. Solarius Scorch

Best Answers:
    Yeah, probably. :)

6. The Reaver of Darkness

The Reaver of Darkness Registered

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see the mothership release several small ships equipped with light disruptor beams, all trying to shoot down your hoverbikes and/or dimension probes.

7. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    Don't you know Apoc already took care of this? The Mothership is equipped with the disruptor multi bomb launcher. The whole purpose of the weapon is to split up into a swarm of missiles to wipe out swarm fleets. Stasis missiles support this role by capturing small targets in their tracks, making them easy targets for the heavy disruptor beam.

I think the splitting function is bugged in game, because I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen. The split missiles have a damage value and everything though. UFO AI also does not support making smart use of their weapons, but that's Apoc for ya.

8. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    Neither UFO and Aliens AI are very smart... ::)
    Honestly I think X-com must face the multi bomb earlier (solving all the OverPBike without any nerfing 8) )

9. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    Why do you think the bike is OP, Grimagor? What's with your crusade against it? You'll have to explain this one to me, because I've already explained all the ways to deal with with bikes multiple times.

For the most part, bikes are good because of BUGS within vanilla Apoc. Fix the bugs and it will fix bikes.

10. The Reaver of Darkness

Best Answers:
    I think the bikes might remain a bit OP even after bug fixes, I can think of at least one bug fix that could make them MORE powerful. But the real reason I suggested the mothership launching the little ships was for cool factor. To balance it out, it could have the multibomb launcher removed and give that instead to the battleship if that doesn't already have one.

11. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    I won't stop until every Hoverbike was destroyed! ;D
    Now seriously, before complaining again I must see the bugs fixed first.
    Until this happen.... :-X

But honestly, multi bomb launcher is a cool weapon but when it appear their impact is minimum because is to late :-\

12. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    Too late? Bombers show up on week 5. That's about the earliest time that XCOM can begin earnest development of their own craft.

However multibombs also seem to be bugged, unless any of you guys have seen them split. I only very scarcely recall them maybe splitting one or two times, and I have no idea how that happened or if it's even true. But if a multibomb splits into 3, that's 3 potential bikes dead.

You grossly underestimate just how important proper aim is. WHEN the bike moves just a few feet after the UFO attacks(only impossible at point blank), the attack is a complete miss. The only time I've seen bikes blow up is when they stop to make a sharp turn or fly directly towards/away from the UFO.

Fixing the aim formula may be SO dangerous that aiming will have to be nerfed!

13. The Reaver of Darkness

Best Answers:
    Multibombs come out as a regular missile and soon split into three warheads, one above and one below, which as I recall travel in formation with each other. It can only score one hit I believe, but is much more likely to hit an agile target.

14. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    When does the multi bomb split up? I've been having trouble recreating that effect. Either way the triple missile gives it 3 chances to kill a bike instead of 1, which is pretty damn dangerous!