1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

NEED HELP! Mod override folder

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by Voiddweller, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Voiddweller

Voiddweller Registered

Best Answers:
    Question is if there is any? Where i can place override data to actually create an installable/uninstallable mod?
    Edit: is game uses pre-built datafile? If so, how to recompile it? Or only some specific things are externalized in XML?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    makus likes this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    Here info from Discord

@SupSuper:
    @Voiddweller all openapoc data is in xml files and can be easily modified, though i don't know how modular it is
    @SupSuper:
    the gamestate_common and difficulty_patch files are just zip files you can extract and edit
    @SupSuper:
    ask @jtrhamilton why it works like that
    @Voiddweller:
    wow, thanks)
    October 8, 2018
    @jtrhamilton:
    It's xml because that's what pmprog started with for his initial forms stuff, and so we already had an xml parser
    @jtrhamilton:
    and they all overlay each other, so should be pretty easy to mod in stuff or add new stuff

@SupSuper:
    yeah i meant what takes priority, the magical zip files, the magical patch folders, ...?
    @SupSuper:
    and why are the zips so hidden
    October 9, 2018
    @Voiddweller:
    Also, what kind of editor was used to make those xml's? My notepad++ sees it as one straight line format, and it's pain to edit.
    @Cpl Burden R 3294:
    I have an XML tools plugin for Notepad++ which can rearrange XMLs into something readable. That might be handy
    @Voiddweller:
    cool! can i have it?
    @Cpl Burden R 3294:
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/community/topic/12556/xml-tools-2-4-9-x64-released-for-tests
    Plugins - XML Tools -
    [​IMG]