1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Midnight Editor (Windows GUI "Apoc'd Styled" Editor)

Discussion in 'Tools' started by FilmBoy84, Oct 23, 2017.

1. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Well-Known Member Tester Researcher
    24/28

Best Answers:
    As discussed elsewhere on the forum, when playing apocalypse back in the 90's i fell in love with the Midnight Editor for Apocalypse, made by Marcin Wichary. It allows for much easier management of many aspects of Apocalypse than the ASCII based Apoc'd. Though is extremely hard to find on the web in it's last known version of 0.63.

It also allows the research and production of many of the "cut" features of Apocalypse in a more functional state than that of Apoc'd and will work with Beta savegames (buggy as hell in this mode though)

For that reason, please find attached. License specifies that it can be freely distributed but not disassembled so hopefully all above board to post it here.

If anyone has an even newer version, or a means to contact Marcin, please let me know via PM

Attached Files:

Miguelitus and makus like this.
  2. Miguelitus

Miguelitus Registered
    24/28

Best Answers:
    Thank you. My last version was 6.2 but I did not know that there was another more advanced one. But version 6.3 does not detect the savedgames of openapoc as version 6.2. Anyway when opening a saved game with version 6.2 it looks buged

Attached Files:

makus likes this.
  3. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Well-Known Member Tester Researcher
    18/28

Best Answers:
    This editor is NOT for OpenApoc savegames, only the original Apocalypse, same goes for the more widely used Apoc'd editor :blink:

Best to use 0.63 which is more than four months of development on from 0.62 as soon as you decide to alter a savegame under vanilla.

Neither midnight editor should be used with OpenApoc as i believe the save structure is different.

makus likes this.