1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Make the other factions not neutral to aliens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taberone, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Taberone

Taberone Registered

Best Answers:
    (EDIT: Most of this is based on what I can remember. Can't be bothered to reinstall Apoc at the moment.)

If I remember correctly, X-COM is pretty much the only faction that "cares" about the aliens. Everyone else is neutral to them, and Transtellar is a bunch of alien sympathizers. Will OpenApoc fix that?

2. bobucles

bobucles Registered

Best Answers:
    This is a very difficult question to answer because it involves the activity of Megaprimus. The cityscape has a ton of moving parts and the way they work will determine the most important parts of how Apocalypse plays.

We know that Apoc was a rushed title and many of the city features were never fully finished. Stuff like VIPs and business relations were never completed, and it is hilariously bad to see rentacops cavorting with aliens.

Fixing all the cityscape issues in Apocalypse is a HUGE project, and the discussion hasn't really taken place yet. If you have ideas on how to deal with business vs. alien relations, be sure to post them.

The orders from the city are pretty simple. If a business finds alien activity they're supposed to post an alert through Megapol. It's XCOM's job to defend humanity against the aliens!

Whether or not the rentacops decide to kill aliens on sight probably depends on their orders from above. If their commanding officer gets brainsucked, then he's going to tell his guys to stand down.

Corporations have an inherent resistance to alien infiltration. It may be possible to have that resistance change based on their relations to the aliens. A friendly organization would definitely be more willing to work with the aliens compared to a hostile one.
    Transtellar's entire job is to move stuff through space. They would absolutely LOVE it if an alien culture was discovered. That means a massive trade boost, which means big money!

3. The Reaver of Darkness

The Reaver of Darkness Registered

Best Answers:
    I've had several games where Transtellar was one of the first corporations to hate me, and seemingly arbitrarily, but one game in which they loved me for no apparent reason. I think the hatred is all based on what's getting hit by aliens and/or X-Com stray shots, and corporations that own a lot (like Transtellar or Marsec) are more likely to accrue hatred--and conversely, more likely to like you for strong successes in their territory. Small corporations like Sensovision and the Gravball League are statistically less likely to get hit, and some corporations like or hate you regardless of whether or not they get hit (Megapol, Cult of Sirius, The Senate). It also seems easy to maintain good relations with S.E.L.F. or Mutant Alliance through trying times when you have completed the in-game events to buy their allegiance.

This could be just a coincidence, but it seemed that after I started buying incendiary grenades religiously, my chances of getting into bad relations with Diablo were reduced. Why do I buy them? One game they hated me and took the grenades off the market, and so I started buying them just in case it happens, because I hate not having an option available--even though I don't use them and they seem useless.

4. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    Transtellar is alwais angry when you shoot down an UFO, but there is a chance that any corp will step up to the aliens (and they will anger too if you defeat any UFO).
    Is one of the best thing of this game, is very dificult to play the same game twice :D