1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Hi! New person.

Discussion in 'Welcome! Introduce Yourself' started by Liam, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Liam

Liam Registered

Best Answers:
    Hi all.
    I've read the project brief and the 'how to help' thread. However I'm very new to all this and need some help.
    As background, I've played Xcom since 1997ish, tbh briefly dipped into terror from the deep.
    I loved the potential in Apocalypse and have very fond memories, as well as playing it via dos box every now and then since.
    Following up, I played afterlight, interceptor, Take2's Xcom and xcom2. Plus Xenonauts, and to be honest others I maybe can't rememeber.

I work in AV - so mainly powerpoint. I've got some experience of Visual basic, PHP, SQL, VERY minimal java, html obvs, and some other basic programming languages. no real depth in anything, I'm afraid.
    Despite my obvious credentials, absolutely no artwork talent whatsoever.

I would be very happy to help however I could (if I could) to bring this project to fruition, but frankly on top of my other obvious talents, I've never contributed to a project before.

Any ideas, directions, orders, would be appreciated. I'm honestly happy to do what I can.
    I always thought Apocalypse had such potential depth and would very much like to play it renewed.

Liam,
    UK,
    GMT

makus likes this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    Salute to fan of the Apoc! Welcome to the project Liam. See for yourself, we need programmers, try to create a simple game in C ++, maybe C ++ your calling and u didnt know that! =)