1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Hey there! I am new to the forums.

Discussion in 'Welcome! Introduce Yourself' started by HobbyHorse, Dec 12, 2019.

1. HobbyHorse

HobbyHorse New Member Programmer Tester Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    Hi! I am new to these forums. I look forward to learn more about openApoc as time progresses. Currently I am unemployed but like developing skills. In essence, I am up to no good :great:

However. I used to be a helper at both the Ludeon.com forums and the KeeperRL.com discord. I can get into testing games quite willingly, but I am supposedly also a programmer. I know many languages, but I never got into any projects yet. My first language was C++, so I am not opposed to returning to my roots if I need to help with OpenApoc. As long as I do not have to do monitoring of any multiplayer or chat room, because I am not going to be there to make it happen. Luckily, there is no multiplayer (yet) so no servers to moderate! =]

In short: tester, programmer, and various kinds of small scale artistry. I always wanted to call myself a modder or a game jammer, however I never get into the thick of working so I never get around to get things to happen.

makus likes this.
  2. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    Hello and welcome!

More help is certainly appreciated, as it's going pretty slow as and when I can get time out of my life/job/whatever else I might be doing :)

FYI most of the development discussion now happens on discord, or on github for each issue - not so much on the forums.

makus likes this.
  3. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    Wow C++ programmer and Apoc fun and on forum )) whats going on here)
    Welcome HH !
    Looking forward and hope that you you 'll get into the engine ) Jonny knows the best about it)