1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Forum feedback

Discussion in 'General help - Troubleshooting - Feedback' started by Solarius Scorch, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    This thread exists for reporting forum bugs and other problems, as well as possible enhancement requests.

If you're experiencing any issues, please check if it hasn't been mentioned and solved before.

2. Solarius Scorch

Best Answers:
    Hey people, please tell us if you are being asked for the IAmApocalypse password whenever you're sending a PM. This is happening to me, and we don't know why.

If you want to test if this happens, don't hesitate to PM me saying "hello" or something. :)

3. darkestaxe

darkestaxe Registered

Best Answers:
    I got the verification box just below the message textarea.

Code:
    <div class="post_verification">
        <strong>
            Verification:
        </strong>
        <div id="verification_control_0" class="verification_control">
            <div class="smalltext">
                					Enter the password from the 
                <a class="bbc_link" target="_blank" href="http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=2.0"></a>
                :

</br>
                <input class="input_text" type="text" tabindex="5" value="" size="30" name="pm_vv[q][1]"></input>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    Hope that helps, I haven't worked with vBulletin before so I'm not sure what other info you would need.

4. kkmic

kkmic Undefined

Best Answers:
    The "quicksearch" box is obstructed by the "news" div. It can be focused by moving the mouse pointer to the top or bottom or the box, but when you naturally move the pointer to the middle of the box, you get a standard "arrow" cursor and clicking does not appear to do anything.

[​IMG]

Firefox 31.0

That DIV seems to be a later addition to the theme, and it's placement is a bit shoddy.

Best option: place the "news" div in the menu bar, set it to be one-line only and use the browser's automatic ellipsis overflow:

Code:
    div#news{
      overflow:hidden;
      text-overflow: ellipsis;
      whitespace: no-wrap;
    }

Adjust as necessary.

5. Solarius Scorch

Best Answers:
    The "Online" mark next to the user's name is the same font and size, so it seems to be part of the the user's name. :)

6. pmprog

pmprog Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    That news bug might be because I tried to alter the header because of the larger logo than the original theme had.

Yeah, that "online" label bugs me too, not sure what it's all about. Maybe missing a graphic or something, I'll try and have a look sometime

7. kkmic

kkmic Undefined

Best Answers:
    As pmprog said, this is indeed a missing graphic. The image failed to load, and the ALT text was displayed instead (this is the purpose of the ALT text :) ).

The "Online pmprog" bugged me a bit before I realized what "Online" meant.

The image seems to be missing from the theme. You can try to reinstall the theme again, or use this image:

http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/Themes/flagrantly202/images/star.gif

Just copy it to http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/Themes/flagrantly202/images/useron.gif

(of course, adjust the paths as necessary, as I can only see the public paths)

Seems good enough: [​IMG] (it's a bit larger - 15x15 vs 12x11 pixels - but I believe it will do)

8. DoctorMuerte

DoctorMuerte Registered

Best Answers:
    I know is too soon to start talking about modding, but I wonder if we should we have some kind of "mods ideas" or "mods discussion" sub-forum?

These two threads are in the general forum:

http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=59.0
    http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=57.0

and there will be probably more (which is a good thing in my opinion).
    Maybe we should have them on it's own place, perhaps under development, to keep the forum better organized.
    If someone has an idea about something to be implemented or changed, he could make a new thread for it to be discussed.

9. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    I get various errors after posting posts

when create after send
    Code:
    No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
    Hide details
    Unable to load the web page because no data is received from the server.
    and when modify get msg

Code:
    An Error Has Occurred!
    You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

10. Thunderforge

Thunderforge New Member Programmer Tester

Best Answers:
    I couldn't sign up for the forum because I had no idea what to put for the Verification question required for registration on the site. The question is "Transport organization in the Mega-Primus?".

I've only played X-COM: Enemy Unknown, and I couldn't find anything about this on the X-COM Wiki. Fortunately, I was able to connect to Discord where someone there was able to give me the answer so that I could register.

Would it be possible to change the question to something that still provides human verification, but doesn't prevent those who want to help, yet are less familiar with the X-COM series?

makus likes this.
  11. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    k im delete it =]