1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Article DOSBox 0.74 Config File (Updating from 0.72 STEAM Release)

Discussion in 'Tools' started by FilmBoy84, Nov 29, 2017.

1. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Well-Known Member Tester Researcher
    18/28

Best Answers:
    For those who use steam, it comes with DOSBox 0.72 by default.

This release has some issues with "missing CD" errors as well as a delay between an action/click and a sound.

Most of these issues can be overcome by installing DOSBox 0.74 over the top of the steam installation.
    Use Extract the 0.74 zip from here: https://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

As DOSBox 0.74 renames some of the config functions however, this can lead to errors on the first run.

To "fix" these problems, please find my DOSBox configuration attached make sure you unzip the .conf file and put this in the base DOSBox directory (that contains the sub XCOMA one) over-writing the original file if it's present.
    • I've boosted the max CPU cycles to 120000
    • Enabled DDrraw for display scaling
    • Changed the mixer settings to reduce sound lag and the delay between mouse-click and response
    • Enabled scaling to improve image quality at high resolutions
    • Enlarged the windowed mode to fill (top-bottom) of a 1080p screen whilst leaving the task-bar, command log and menu bar visible ( Use 1152x864 or 1280x960 for windowed mode)
    • Set full-screen resolution as 1920x1080p but retaining the 4:3 aspect of Apocalypse
    If you do not have a 1080p monitor you may have to tweak the resolutions in the file to suit your system. But everthing else should give you a better Apocalypse experience when running under DOSBox

Currently i use this config, without problems, on
    • Steam Version
    • Beta2 Version
    • UK/EU Original CD Version
    • Hybrid Beta2-Vanilla Version
    • MegaPol Mod
    Let me know of any issues you find.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017