1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Customization (Ideas probably for some mods)

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by Grimagor, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    There are some stuff that I will like if some moder could take care someday:

- Customization: Thanks to the armors parts, is very easily change the look of the agents, but I miss some color options for customization.
    - Agents: Is there a chance for change the image of the agent in the equipment section? if very confunsing when Hybrid, Androids, Men and Women are exactly the same "russian guy".

makus likes this.
  2. Jos

Jos Registered

Best Answers:
    1) Customizing armor colours would be very time consuming without some kind of palette shift. For Fallout 2 I recoloured armors and it was not worth it in a effort=reward ratio.

2) Different heads (and even body types) on the 'generic russian guy' on the equip screen is a great idea and should be a number one priority. I wouldn't have a clue how to implement it, however.

3. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    Ok, no problem with that ;)

At least to make androids/hybrids diferent, no?

4. Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch Call to Power modder Global Moderator

Best Answers:
    I wonder how hard it would be to match the inventory picture with the one on agent's portrait (basically a head swap). Certainly not easy, since the small picture is much lower resolution. However, if we are ready to make entirely new heads (whether based on the original ones or not), we could have an algorithm that would scale the head picture accordingly to match either the inventory picture or the portrait as well as place it in the correct position on both pictures. Not really that complicated, coding-wise, but requiring some work with the graphics.

5. Grimagor

Grimagor Registered

Best Answers:
    That should be an easy (and good) way to solve it... so the only "problem" should be creating a male/female body ;D

6. Jos

Jos Registered

Best Answers:
    I was thinking this when i last played the game. And actually, the face in the 'ID box' is a similar size to the russian head on the body. It would be sooooo easy .... if we had the source code! An engine hacker could do it with a mod. Unfortunately the .exe is locked up like fort knox.
    The graphical work is easy - I could do it in a few hours.