1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Bugs vs Not Yet Implemented? When I can't tell the difference...

Discussion in 'General help - Troubleshooting - Feedback' started by darkestaxe, Dec 15, 2017.

1. darkestaxe

darkestaxe Registered

Best Answers:
    When I'm play-testing and something doesn't work I'm not always sure if it's a bug or if it just hasn't been added yet. Sometimes it's obvious, like if I have no vehicles and I try to go to vehicle equipment screen I get an error that actually says what the original game did in this case, then CTDs. However when I try to transfer personnel to a second base or purchase personnel at a secondary base, I don't really know if that's supposed to work or not.

Is it appropriate to go making issues all over the bugtracker about what is likely just unwritten code? I don't want to use the bugtracker to essentially ask "Wen is wil be 1.0 now pealse relas date guys hurry up?!?" but I also don't want to leave a bunch of bugs unreported because I just figured "Somebody will add that later."

BTW, thanks for all the hard work guys and I look forward to the playthrough where I keep a notepad next to me and and swarm the bugtracker for a solid week. >:0 I did that to Warboy twice before OXC 1.0!

makus likes this.
  2. makus

makus Designer, forum admin Administrator Designer/Artist

Best Answers:
    well either if it bug or if it just hasn't been added yet if human, who add issue, active he just close it
    and thats it =]

darkestaxe likes this.
  3. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator

Best Answers:
    It's probably best not to "close" not-implemented things, but instead target it onto the "0.2" milestone (or create a "1.0" milestone for all features, and we can move them to 0.2 when they're complete).

I also created a "not yet implemented" label on GitHub, so you should mark them with that too.

Just closing them runs the risk of us forgetting them, and the next time someone new tests it they can see what's already in the "not yet implemented" list to avoid this next time.

makus likes this.