1. Forum moved (you can use login and pass from old forum)
  2. Many discussions moved to the bugtracker

Bugreport

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Kammerer, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Kammerer

Kammerer Administrator Administrator Translator/Writer
    64/112

Best Answers:
    Since we have a working build of OpenApoc I think it's time to create a topic about the found bugs to help the developers in fixing the game.

Working on the UFOpaedia texts I found some broken strings. Here's a list of them:

I. UFOPAEDIA.xml entries

1)
    should be

since STRINGS.XML has an entry

2)
    should be looking like this

Otherwise we have no INFO text at the UFOpaedia.

3)
    should become

Obvious typo.

II. STRINGS.XML strings

1)
    and
    should be the same as in UFOPAEDIA.XML file, i.e.

and
    2)
    and

and
    3)
    and

and
    4)
    and

and
    5)
    and

and
    III. There's a problem with the UFOpaedia bigfont palette when the UFOpaedia screen is opened on the map. It is colored with acid green. At the same time if I open the UFOpaedia through the UFOpaedia Test button the color of the bigfont is blue but the main text of the entry is yellow.

2. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    64/112

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this, I think pmprog is currently working on the ufopaedia stuff so I'll poke him to fix it.

By the way, do you have a github account? It's probably better to have bugreports on there (github.com/pmprog/OpenApoc going forward - it makes sense to have a single 'central' bug reporting method, and allows you to comment on specific lines of code in specific versions etc. so hopefully that should be easier to see what's going wrong. You can even fix it and push a 'pull request' yourself.

EDIT: And the fonts using the wrong palette is a known problem, we're currently discussing how to fix this (and trying to figure out what 'original' apoc does with the fonts, as the fonts aren't treated as simple palette indices, as that's what we're doing now, and that causes the weird colours you mentioned)

Thanks,
    Jonny

3. Kammerer

Kammerer Administrator Administrator Translator/Writer
    31/56

Best Answers:
    Hello, everyone!

I don't know whether it is a known problem but in the latest builds (more precisely in every single build including 0.0.228). I can't start a game if I choose any difficulty level except Novice. It simply crashes. Also I get a crash if I try to scroll the Form Preview list. The log file containing all of the crashes is attached. Hope this helps to solve the problems.

4. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member Official Developer Administrator
    64/112

Best Answers:
    Hey,

The crash on any difficulty but novice is a known regression since adding the start of the base management stuff, as we've only setup the base locations in the novice map so far, and we don't handle having zero possible bases well :p. There's no real reason for this other than nobody has got around to writing out the base layout descriptions for the other maps yet.

Not seen the scroll crash myself, though the form preview is just for testing so might have some expected weirdness...

Hopefully soon ish I'll have some more sensible vehicle AI stuff (rather than just blasting away at everything) and building destruction and I'll do another progress video. At this time features come before bugs, as adding the features will probably cause the buggy code to be changed anyway, possibly fixing bugs in the process (or adding new different ones as the case may be :)

Thanks,
    Jonny